Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Hello friends. Obviously one cannot count on my bloggability. Indeed, I could be accused of blog neglect. If this is any indicator of my child-rearing skills, then I will probably be arrested for leaving lil' Suzy in a brothel broom-closet with a sippy-cup full of kerosene.
News: I am a hermit now. And I am fairly miserable and whiny about it. I figured that I wouldn't bore you fine people with my oppressive artspeak garbling. So that said, here is a fun art anecdote: I had a terrible critique the other day. This woman compared my paintings to movie posters and recommended that I draw pictures of trains. She can kiss my caboose. Or lick my rear cab (it's really up to her.)
I am working on a painting for a "New Texas Painting" show at Diverseworks in Houston. I have to finish it by next week. I am not a machine dammit! Everyone seems to think of me as "Ali the Assembly Line" artist. I am not flattered. Or mechanized.
And I have my orals (not as fun as it sounds) in 3 weeks. And then I have a show at "Art Palace" Nov. 18th. So, forgive me if I am not the upright blogging citizen that I should be. I will be that and all more, after all dis shit is behind me. I will rock your world. I'm going to assemble and army of androgynous lovers just so that I will have something to write about.

2 comments:

minimonk said...

The readers of CJish thank you for coming back online...good luck with all your projects...remember you do have some of the fastest fingers in the west (painting fingers that is)- ever your fan

Anonymous said...

Congrats on doing so well on your orals! Hope your show in Houston went well.

YoUr StAlKeR