Saturday, June 09, 2007

jobs and favorites.

I got an adjunct teaching position at Southwestern U. (I think). And BookPeople called me back to say they very much enjoyed reading my sycophantic comic written expressly for BookPeople. Consequently they might hire my book-loving ass sometime in the near future. Things are looking up I say. I even got over my dizzying fear of Northbound I-35. The secret is to listen to the calming, easygoing slurring of Leonard Cohen. It's like valium for my ears.
My new favorite actress is Clea Duvall (she is stunningly talented as the psychic daughter of a catatonic tarot-card reader in Carnivale), my new favorite actor is Clancy Brown, who stars as the russian-orphan-cum-possessed minister in Carnivale. My new/old favorite deodorant is Old Spice, my favorite bone part is now definitely the skull, and my least favorite swashbuckling extravaganzzza is the third "Pirates" movie. It sucks a bag full of stolen booty. Seriously, I hated it. And that's saying a lot because I like most of the components: period dress, boats, weapons, barnacles and eyeliner.

5 comments:

Jasper said...

Um. Can I borrow 20 bucks? j/k


congrats!

Shannon said...

Congrats. Glad you'll be staying in Austin.

Ali Fitzgerald said...

Jasper--I will only give twenties in one dollar installments. You're going to have to do something naughty for them.

Ali Fitzgerald said...

Shannon, thanks. I was telling my friend Arturo about your possible studio residency (at the Salvage Vanguard--plug!) and he was really psyched. Plus, I want a free studio.

Damn said...

I almost forgot Mr. Krabs was in Bad Boys(not Will & Martin's bad Bad Boys, but penn's good bad boys). Oh, a Bad Boys II would be great, but like a musical kinda