Friday, July 13, 2007

Matt, Virginia and I tried to pay our respect to Lady Bird Johnson's body today at her memorial, which is unfortunately, where I park. It was too crowded to see as there were tons of war veteran amputees and old-school Texas women with pearls and smiles and pantskirts. They played some reverent, ambient bagpipe music and they had complimentary water (which was like the only thing missing an LBJ insignia). I made some joke to Matt about reviving Lady Bird in the casket with a salacious kiss. Yes, it was inappropriate.

I loved Lady Bird, she was a great lady and a great bird.

However, because of the crowd, secret service agents, and president Clinton among others, I could not remove my car from said parking lot. Apparently, they are on "lock down" and I can only retrieve my vehicle after Lady Bird has left the building.

Note to self: Do not park in the "Lyndon B. Johnson Parking Lot" during special occasions like the death of his former first lady.

We'll miss you, Lady Bird.

4 comments:

rda said...

Secret Service once told me never to be around a president 'cause of something I wrote to LBJ.

There, I commented on your blog....

Ali Fitzgerald said...

Haha. what did you write Bob? Must have been something good...
Thanks for commenting.

jasper said...

I'm sure molesting an old lady's corpse is just your way of coping. It's endearing, really.

Karri Paul said...

Matt said Susan shed a tear?

Let's not let it be so long till we get a drink again, okay?

tsstjsk (Oops, I meant to put those letters in the box below.)