Monday, July 23, 2007

Much like Stella, (although without the help of a well-chiseled Taye Diggs) I have gotten my groove back. Yes, that's right, MelancALI is gone and a work-producing, well-adjusted, patriotic American resides in her place (which was marked with wet hot tears and old Belle and Sebastian LPs). I have been making little dioramas about the trials and tribulations of Sad Little White Girl and they are getting progressively less shitty.

*Although they still retain the level of shittiness that is my signature.

And what do I listen to these days in the studio, you may ask? Well, after some initial resistance, I've given those new emo brit girls a chance. You know, that Amy Winehouse lady and her compatriot Lily Allen. I'm also re-listening to Regina Spektor and my family member in soul only, Ella Fitzgerald.

Speaking of studio, I think I'm getting a new one (or a real one). It's in a tree house! I'm really not shitting you. I am so excited, it is the most awesome (and affordable) studio I've ever seen. And it's in a tree house! With a balcony! Right above Barton Springs! And I'm going to install one of those "Home Alone" string-rides! And I'm going to have tree house orgy parties! With togas! And a Swiss Family Robinson lock-in! And it's in a tree house! I think I have mosaic down-syndrome as regards my uber excitement about my tree-house-cum-studio.

In other news,
I am coordinating a top-secret project with a few lovely lady writers. No, it doesn't involve some Bloomsbury Group tree house orgy clan....or does it?
I watched "Spellbound" for the first time the other day. I was riveted. But then, I love me some spelling.
I read the last 10 pages of Risa's copy of "Harry Potter" and now hold it over everyone that I know what happens. I've never done that before, loathe as I am to know an ending, but I hate J.K. Rowling's prose and refuse to really read them. Sorry wizarding friends.
My class is cute, and we have interesting critiques. They write stuff down when I talk and I just want to shake them and tell them I'm verbally incontinent and no one can teach art anyhow.

5 comments:

Karri Paul said...

Shitty signature. Mmm.

Top secret? Mmm.

Treehouse? Mmm.

Cute? Mmmm.

Ali Fitzgerald said...

mmmmm indeed.

damn said...

Inspiring, I will stop boozing and whoring and make shit that isn't shit. Yeah. thanks

Nancy McDonald said...

I would love to critique your TreeHouse...Or sit in on one of your critiques.

Alison said...

There will be no critiquing my tree-house. Only sparkly delicious praise and red wine waterfalls. But you are definitely invited for those things.