Friday, September 14, 2007

I just found out that I'm taking over Michael Ray's 2-d design class at UT (in addition to my other 3 classes). I should get some kind of super-over-extended-professor-pin to wear so that people won't expect much from me other than falling spittle and the occasional snippy comment. Still haven't moved into my treehousestudio and I have 2 studio visits next week. I can't move in this weekend either, because of ACfuckingL.
Super snippy professor sister!
*See Brad Neely's Professor Brothers for comment clarification.

I have a really great figure drawing class at UT. I made them read a Miranda July short story involving Prince William and a rim-job as well as an interview with Tom Sachs. Then we talked about bodily obsession and consumerism. It was a really good, fruitful discussion, even though Miranda July and Tom Sachs make me feel weird inside.

I'm listening obsessively to the following songs:
Nina Simone, I Wish I Knew How It Felt to Be Free
Beirut, Gulag Orestar
Regina Spektor, Love Affair
The Origin of Love from Hedwig and the Angry Inch

That's all. If you see me on the street, undoubtedly wearing some derivation of the tweed suit, stay far away, for I am Super Snippy Professor Sister!

No comments: