Sunday, April 27, 2008

I really hate change, and with my shows behind me I am forced to confront the unpleasant business of actually leaving. Example of said unpleasant business: My ever-faithful assistant and I scraped my studio floor for 7 hours today. I'm done trying to find creative ways to say thank you, because I'm just too indebted to her. But she's coming to visit me in Berlin and maybe I can find her some nice Deutschboy or something. I'm crying again, and I don't even know why. Maybe it's because I became very invested in the city, and in this community, and it's hard to say goodbye to that even though I may have become superficially indifferent to it. I didn't expect to be so sad about leaving, I'm a little surprised.
As a visual metaphor, please check out these tortured (and really fucking stupid) blood drawings by Babyshambles frontman Pete Dougherty.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=561797&in_page_id=1773&ito=1490

4 comments:

Axel said...

Cranberry juice works well too.

salvo cheque said...

It's not good bye. Just, until we meet again.

Ali Fitzgerald said...

I'll probably be deported after 3 months, so maybe good bye is a little premature anyway.

Trevor said...

Most likely a defining moment in your life and one of those rare opportunities to be the "fool," as in the tarot card, blissfully stepping off into the void. Scare yourself.
But, yeah, if you get a venereal disease they will deport your ass.