Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Well, I've hit some kind of low. I ordered a Papa John's pizza just for myself and I'm watching the Lifetime film "Queen-Sized," about a portly young woman who overcomes all odds and all manner of Carrie-esque sabotaging to become Homecoming Queen. Awwwwwwwww. I'm simultaneously watching Tammy Ben-Tor's videos, which makes for an interesting comparison.

I think I'm going to give away all my books to my students as some sort of cleansing ritual. I'm tired of carrying around crap that I've already read (or at least perused).

Book-buying mistakes I've made:
Peculia and the Moon Grove Vampires: Comic I got in San Fran that I thought would have some sex and blood and stuff and instead was like a g-rated fangy grad school theatre project.
Complete Tales of Edgar Allan Poe: I love Poe, but multiple Poe stories in a row make my annoyance grow.
The Song of Eve: an illustrated journey into the rituals of the goddess: Uh, I don't know what I was thinking here. Apparently, I am a womyn in woman's clothes.

For some reason, I think it would be kind of scary and exhilarating to give away everything I own. Like a new lease on life! I could be Homecoming Queen like Nikki Blonsky on Lifetime!

3 comments:

Stephanie Bonham said...

I'm doing a stuff-giving project right now. It does feel nice but I'm still not in the senior homecoming court.

Alison P. Kuo said...

1) I watched some of that too! It was not as good as the Lifetime movie where Val Kilmer is a blind man who has sight-giving surgery. ("You mean... my eyes LIE?")

2) I would trade you for your Poe.

Ali Fitzgerald said...

It's yours babycakes, come by and I'll give you some other ones too.