Thursday, May 29, 2008

I finally watched Knocked Up, which, while delicious and heartwarming, reinforced the pro-endometriosis, anti-childbirth mantra that I whisper to myself in the morningtime as I drink my bark and devil's foot uterus-clearing shake.

I've liked Judd Apatow since Freaks and Geeks, but was sorely disappointed with the mediocre Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I just didn't think it was that funny, sorry. Not. that. funny.

Along with studying the finer points of the German language, I've been reading about the nation's swastika'ed and stasi'ed history. I'm reading this amazing book called, Hitler and the Occult, which tracks his obsessions with Nostradamus, astrology and the Dark Arts. Awwwwwwwesome. Here are some interesting things I've learned about Adolf in his youth:

-He may have had encephallitis as a child, making him very sleepy and moody and uncooperative.

-His daddy was not nice to him.

-He spent a long time bumming around Vienna, laboring under the delusion that he was some kind of special artist-type (sound familiar?).

-He may have gotten syphillis from a Jewish woman in Vienna, thereby transferring his sexual hatred unto an entire race.

-He totally read TigerBeat and earmarked pictures of Kaiser Willhelm in a swimming hole fondling his magical lance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of all the people to have things in common with, geez. With the exception of the STDs, sorta.

-jasper