Sunday, June 08, 2008

Here's the haps:

-After studying for a few months, I'm actually pretty good at German, but I still get hopelessly embarrassed when speaking it. I almost died at this crepe place yesterday when the waiter treated me like I had a touch o' the downs and made overly telling hand gestures about the contents of my crepe.

-I went around to a lot of galleries on Sat., but they were mysteriously closed. I was like, "wtf?" Then, I realized that it was 7:30 AM, and that only crazy people are up that early on a weekend.

-My sleeping fahrplan is totally off (see above) and I want to schlafen like a normal human again.

-I have a new favorite magazine:
http://cgi.xberliner.com/user-cgi-bin/home.php
It was started by ex-village voicers for English-speaking expats. EXcellent.

-I saw a man holding a basket with a tiny puppy above the Spree River. I couldn't tell if he was going to throw it in or if he was sweetly trying to give his tiny puppy a waterview. It made for a really weird picture, I need to get some batteries for that brokeass digicam of mine.

-I went to my fave bar, the Himmelreich, and I got to see my bartender friend Katja, but I also had to see a million old ladies wearing playboy bunny ears because the bar was packed with them. What was that about do you think?

2 comments:

Stephanie Bonham said...

Oh you are making me want to be in Berlin again. I am enjoying your stories but I think putting a thong over your eye could be a risky move without proper sterilization facilities. That's what I would say if I were a medical professional, at least.

Ali Fitzgerald said...

Hmm, I suppose you're right Dr. Bonham, I don't trust German washing machines anyways (they give you like a teaspoon of soap!) Der sigh.