Sunday, June 15, 2008

Last night I reunited with my bartender friends Willi and Katja. There is also a new bartender at the Himmelreich who is Danish and wears bow-ties. Man, I heart Berlin.

At about midnight, I stumbled to the party (mentioned below) and was not disappointed at all. It was just as I pictured an international break-dancing loft-studio party for 300 people would be. It was inside some hotel and there were like 5 djs and free liquor flowing everywhere and model beautiful people and a giant rooftop terrace where 20 drunks were dangling precipitously off the edge.

There was a separate "viewing area" where a bunch of art was displayed in this crazily overblown fashion. The whole time I was there (which was only about half an hour) I just kept snickering to myself about how cliche this whole thing was, but at the same time, I am very delighted to know that parties like this actually do exist.

No comments: