Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Well, I'm still kind of traumatized from the w.n.e. (worst night ever) but am trying slowly to chip away at my self-loathing and newfound paranoia about Berlin. There's something called frauenbuhne tonight, where lady djs play and I might go...or I might just surf the internet for prison dramas and leer suspiciously out my window. I don't know.

I started writing my long-procrastinated graphic novel, which is what I think I'll be working on for the next couple of months. It's totally meta and combines my experiences firsthand in Berlin with Sad Little White Girl's living with her grandmother. I'm totally over building things at the moment, as it is too fucking hard without a studio. I started on this ornate rug for my room, but I don't know that I'm going to see that one through.

I forgot to mention that I went to Peres Projects the other day and saw a pretty good show by Dan Attoe. I could've done without his Nauman neon-sex ridiculousness or his self-indulgent graphite ramblings, but he paints like a champ. I am rarely impressed by painting-paintings, but Attoe has an amazing way of capturing light and holding my interest.
Here he is:
http://www.peresprojects.com/exhibit-overview/166/4431/

No comments: