Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Can't seem to use words. English getting worse, German not getting better. D'oh. Or Doch?

Went to S&M themed apartment replete with black and white tiles, hanging harness and Mapplethorpe-type photo. Watched a beerfest from above.

Some Canadian thought I was Canadian based on my accent (or lack thereof). Sigh, if only.

Moved. Again. I think this is like the 5th time I've moved this year, counting the moving of my studio.

Might start a job as a tour guide soonish.

I'm not funny anymore. I blame Germany. Here's an anecdote to illustrate this point (see! so succint and unfunny):

I was at an art opening and this severe German man said something he thought was funny, but no one laughed and he announced, "I just made a joke."
Then I said, "I thought Germans didn't make jokes."
And then he said, straight-facedly, "But I just made one."

2 comments:

Axel said...

You should send your anecdote to Reader's Digest.

Anonymous said...

Das GOood.