Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I'm teaching 4 English classes and one of them absolutely hates me. Not just the way I teach, they hate me.
One particularly onerous German woman just glares at me all German-like, visions of Durer's four horsemen trampling me into a winter sheath that she can then use as a tourniquette for my ego. She undermines me, sighs loudly and today wrote a review of me as "uninterresant und langweilig." That's uninteresting and boring for you Amerikaners.

Now, I have been called many things in my life, the C word, the B word, the S word (solipsistic).
But never have I been called uninteresting. Now, I know I don't compare to the thrilling German television programs such as "Hot or Not," or the emotive, theatrical way in which Germans electrify a room, but I'm not boring. Unqualified maybe. A little dreamy perhaps. Overly sensitive, yes. But for the love of Christ, I am not boring.

I analyzed Britney Spears using business terminology. Is she boring? Is shaving your head boring? Somehow, the assertion that I am boring rather than incompetent bugs me. Actually it all bugs me. I plan on living here for a while, so having this job is relatively important. But as Sarah Palin misquoted Madeline Albright as saying, "There's a special place in hell for women who don't support other women."
Go to hell Frau Gerlind.

4 comments:

Axel said...

Frau Gerlind is obviously fascinated with you and is baiting you into showing your pair and bitch-slapping her Aryan-Nordic ass into a sprachunkoma.

Anonymous said...

Don't sweat it, lots of people hate me and most of them are reg-o Americans. You get used to it.

Trevor said...

They hate you because you're beautiful.

Alison said...

thanx guys.