Sunday, October 05, 2008

This week was the first time I've felt really homesick since I've been here. I think this is because of the following:

-The Bierhimmel, one of my favorite bars, played Bon Jovi all night long on Friday. I don't even like Bon Jovi, although I do have fond collegiate half-memories of shimmeying on Fraternity tables to "It's My Life."

-Actually having a job and the necessary waking-up-early-ness that accompanies it suh-xx. It's really impeding my arting, coffeeing, daydreaming and snogging. I've been getting up at 5:30, which is like insanely out of sync with this city of hopped-up beerheads. I've become all responsible-like. I took the subway to work the other day and nearly barfed up my morningtime Snickers when I stood next to these two men who were literally oozing wisps of Berlinner Pilsner. I was wearing a blazer too. A blazer of resentment. Aaaaaah, who am I becoming?!

-German people tend to be really reserved, which I appreciate, it's just that I'm quite reserved too, and I want people to hit on me. I just feel like no one cares what I'm wearing, you know? Loooook at me Germans! I exist!!!!!

-It is cold here. So cold already. It went from pleasantly brisk to a Dosteovsky novel overnight.

1 comment:

Johnny. said...

Blazer Laser.