Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I just bought and began listening to the audiobook "How to Win Friends and Influence People." No joke. It is changing my life. For instance did you know that people "care more for a boil on their own neck than they do for a hundred famines in Africa."? The quote is something like that anyway. The point is, if you want people to like you, you must inquire about their neck "friend" and not start with your normal Sub-Saharan borefest.
I am learning lots of interesting facts about Franklin Roosevelt, who the author uses as an example of a well-liked man. Of course he was well-liked, he didn't have usable legs! Nothing to resent or distrust below the belt.
That's why, in an effort to become more popular here in the existential heartland, I have decided to break all my limbs and talk about people's boils.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ali this entry tastes like boil squeeze covered in sugar.

Alison said...

um, gross. I knew I should not have broached the "boil" subject before dinner.

Anonymous said...

They probably meant, 'Hello Alison(A person's name is their favorite word), what have you been up to?"

Lauren Cardenas said...

hey Lady, wondering how everything was going in Berlin. Hope everything is fabulous and you got your copy of the art star catalog.

Alison said...

That is so weird, I had just been thinking about you at the moment I read this. Still connected by a brain, my little wunderkind assistant.

Alison said...

But no, I did not get my ArtStar catalog.

Alison said...

Someone (anon. no. 2) also read the book. A person's name is their favorite word! Next to penis. Everyone likes the word penis.
Penis.

Axel said...

Next to their penis they like the word penis.